Did you know that a 4 year child can ask over 390 questions a day? That's effectively a question every 1 minute 56 seconds. Check it out hereWe all love asking questions! And with increasing knowledge and experience, emerges curiosity.
The more we learn, the lesser we know and the more curious we are!
Now, how many questions can you ask about car insurance? Or...let's make it yummier...pizza?
Well, on an average most people can think of 20 questions to ask? But, in reality that number is significantly higher!...How much higher. Check out the results from answerthepublic! to grasp the larger picture!
Take Car Insurance.....
Now. what does that really mean for running successful businesses? Simple. We need to ask more questions and more importantly be equipped to respond to them!
Why is this important? & What do you need to do?
1. Revisit your FAQ and customer scripts? How many of those questions are really being answered and more importantly clearly and effectively? Are you losing out on the long tail?
2. Voice search is going to be over 50% of all searches by 2020. And most of those searches are going to be questions!
3. Add the dimensions of multi- language & colloquialism and this becomes a much greater task than you can imagine as you develop your conversational & interactional interfaces. Have conversations with your teams. Welcome 'natural language questions' in their natural styles and build ground up! The deeper and richer the question pool, the more likely you'll perform better.
4. It's not about the answer dummy. Most customer service professionals will tell you, that patiently listening to a customer's concern and confirming that you've understood their question, appeases them. Your quest is in ensuring that the questions are understood, and that's more than half the battle!
5. Product Design - The most critical aspect of product design is not about the insights or the responses! It's about the questions your customers are asking! And therein lies your billion dollar idea.
Keep an open mind and permeate an organization culture which welcomes and thrives on questions! That's the mark of a thinking and living organization!
#learning #questions #answers #deeplearning #customerservice #gettingitright